Frequently Asked Questions about your session at Advantage Massage Therapy
What should I bring to my first session?
- You will be asked to fill out a Confidential Health History Report. This is where you will list your past and present condition(s), as well as any medication(s) you may be taking. The massage therapist will listen to all of your concerns and may ask you some lifestyle questions, such as: sleeping position, posture, work habits, etc. This will allow the therapist to put together a proper treatment plan to best suit your needs.
Click here to download your Confidential Health History Report.
What are the benefits of massage therapy?
- Massage therapy can aid with inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and tendinitis
Stress relief and associated conditions
Headaches and migraines
Muscle and related conditions such as spasms, strains and sprains
Repetitive strain injury
Circulatory and Respiratory problems
Pregnancy and labour discomfort
Post-injury and post surgical rehabilitation
and many other conditions.
What is Massage Therapy?
- Massage Therapy is the manipulation of the soft tissues of the body including muscles, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments and joints. This will relieve pain and assist with rehabilitation that will help the patient return to regular activity.
What if I’m not comfortable during treatment?
- Be sure to let us know if: The room is too hot or too cold, you experience pain, you have any questions related to the massage or if there’s anything you forgot to mention during the consultation.
Is tipping customary?
- In a spa setting a tip can be customary. As we are a medical clinic, it’s not expected. If you are happy with your treatment you can show your gratitude by: Referring friends and family to the therapist and returning for treatments whenever necessary.
Can I get a receipt for my treatment?
- Yes, we provide receipts to all of our clients.
Can you direct bill my insurance company?
- This really will depend on your policy. We can direct bill the following insurance companies:
- Great West life
- Blue Cross
- Chamber of Commerce
- Johnson’s insurance
- Standard life
- Desjardins Insurance
- Industrial alliance